As you know that heaters are used in the winter season and for this purpose different types of heaters are used to warm the home. Different types of heaters are used in different countries some of them worked on electricity and some belong to gas. Here we discuss propane heater with thermostat. Propane is a clean-burning fuel found in liquid form and after compressed convert into a liquid for heaters. Propane heaters are cheaper than electric heaters.
A thermostat work in a propane heater. The mechanical thermostat regulates heat by the extension of internal metallic strips These strips carry electricity and heats up the strip which heats on the switches. As the heats on one of the strip expand and heat off the switch and room cools down. Propane fuel is used in propane heater which is filled in a tank this is a highly ignited liquid It controls automatic and manual Ignition.
A thermometer is a tool that measures the temperature while thermostats regulate the temperature. In cold, It switches on heat and when the room becomes warm it’s switched off so that we do not boil. It switches off when the heat becomes the same in the room. In mechanical thermostat, the heat produced thermostat due to the principle of thermal expansion.
A bimetallic strip is made by two different metals bonded together. It makes an electrical bridge between the electrical circuits and heating systems.
Normally down bridge carries electricity and heat is on strip get hot metal expands so strips bend and break the circuit heat switched off. When the room cools strip cools too and it bends down back to the original position and the bridge joins the circuit and makes electricity flow again so the heat switch back on.
The temperature dial adjusts the heat on-off when requires. Strip takes time to bend and expand depending on the insulation of your room and outer environment.
- Expanding wax pellets
- semiconductor devices
- Electrical signals
- Pneumatic signals
- Direct mechanical control
Digital Non-programmable Thermostat
It is mechanical with a digital readout just like a handheld calculator. People manually use them easily.
The programmable thermostat has the main function it changed the temperature without manual adjustment. Once the program sets the thermostat to regulate the temperature on its own.
Some programs are;
- 7 Day Programming
- 5-1-1 Programming
- 5-2 Programming
- 1-week programming
It does not mean the thermostat is wireless It means the thermostat communicates with your heating and cooling equipment like remote indoor sensors and actual thermostat with no wires.
It offers the benefit of being programmable but does not require you to program it. the more you use it It gives preference to your program. These thermostats connect with Wi-Fi and can be monitored.
The furnace/air handler “talk” to the air conditions and thermostat. These systems are not wired like traditional systems but once completed give advance features.
Instead, thermostat mainly used for regulating and maintaining the temperature in winter. Their blue flame conducts heat and their automatic low oxygen shut off system prevents oxygen difficulty in a room. Propane heaters can be used indoors and outdoors and you should care to know the properties of the heater. using an Indoor propane heater is very dangerous. One gallon of propane for a little more than 3 hours.
Best Propane Heater With Thermostat 
1. Martin Direct Vent Propane Wall Heater
·The Martin Direct Vent Propane Wall Heater comes with a comforting heat all throughout the room. It comes with a fast-heating mechanism that allows direct vent installation. The room stays warm for a very long time.
Coming to the installation, it takes merely a few minutes to get everything done in minutes. This product features a clean gas filter that gets easily connected with the device. It took around 5 minutes to complete the installation.
Another impressive feature of this product is the stylish and clean energy that it brings. Specifically, this device features an impressive fireplace design. Because of this, the propane heater can distribute heat all throughout the place.
The Martin Direct Vent Propane Wall Heater comes with an impressive heavy-duty grill at the front. It prevents any type of accidental touches. Moreover, this product comes with a glass-ceramic window for long life.
- This product is easy to install
- It comes with a room thermostat for easy monitoring
- This product has a heavy-duty grill
- The price is a bit on the higher side
- WARM, ADJUSTABLE HEAT – Keep living or work spaces heated with a direct vent wall heater with room thermostat that lets you monitor your heat dispersion, BUILT-IN THERMOSTAT (Low - High Dial) - 11,000 BTU
- EXCLUSIVE GLASS CERAMIC WINDOW – A true market exclusive accessory, ONLY available on 11,000 Btu and 20,000 Btu indoor propane gas units
- STYLISH & CLEAN ENERGY – A sleek fireplace design, our direct vent gas heater produces safe, clean energy that’s economical and aesthetically pleasing.
- QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION – Connect our propane wall heater direct vent to a gas fitter and it will heat your living space effectively with low maintenance required.(The wallʼs thickness cannot be less than 4-1/2” (11.5 cm) nor can it exceed 12-5/8” (32 cm).)
- CERTIFIED QUALITY – Heavy-duty grill made with die-cast aluminum and glass ceramic window for more safety, Product is certified for use in the USA and Canada.
2. Mr. Heater Corporation F299730 Heater
Product Dimensions 23.75 x 11.25 x 27 inches
Item Weight 26.8 pounds
Manufacturer Mr. Heater Corporation
The Mr. Heater Corporation F299730 comes with an impressive BTU consumption that counts up to 3000 units. This is why it can easily heat up to 750 square feet of space.
Unlike the other propane heaters, this device comes with a blue flame burner. The levels of heat generated because of this are much higher than that of the other liquid propane heaters.
Another impressive feature is the safety accessories that are brought up. It comes with the oxygen shut-off system that allows the device to be high and always creates up higher safety standards.
Although the rate of propane consumption is a bit higher, it is around 1.389 lbs/hr which is great to use. However, the rate of heating up the room is always fast.
- It comes with large space coverage
- This product includes a blue flame burner
- It features high altitude operation
- The weight is higher
- 30,000 BTU Liquid Propane heater to heat spaces up to 750 square feet. Restricted in Canada
- Blue flame burner for even convection heat. Supplemental heat in cold rooms, Additions, Sun rooms, Cabins
- Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS). CSA Certified. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) - 1.389 lbs/hr
- Operating this heater at altitudes over 4,500 FT above sea level could cause pilot/ODS to shutdown the heater.
- Theromostat, legs and wall mounting hardware included.Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr)
3. Bio Green PAL 2.0/USDT Palma Greenhouse Heater
The Bio Green comes with a digital thermostat control on the front. There is a small LCD display and it also comes with a simple controller. You can alter the heat requirement settings easily.
The construction of this device is highly impressive. It comes with stainless steel housing as well as a compact body. The heater is perfectly engineered for greenhouse heating.
It comes with simple construction and fast heating options. This product comes with a splash-proof body which makes it easier for fast heating options.
The product also features fat coverage. If you are using this device for personal spaces, it can be a great choice for you to use.
- It comes with easy air movement
- Has better heating
- It is sprayed waterproof
- Takes time to heat
- Easily heats spaces up to 120 ft. ² ideal for greenhouse heating, sheds, store room, garage, milk-house
- With digital summer/winter thermostat (110 V) UL - Approved and external sensor cable to measure the ambient temperature in the greenhouse.
- Stainless Steel housing, Floor-Standing greenhouse heater with display x4 splash-proof
- Stainless Steel heat elements - engineered in Germany for greenhouse heating use
- 5118 BTU/ 1500 W heating output - durable fan with bearings made for humit environments
4. Mr. Heater MHVFB30NGT Natural Gas Heater
Product Dimensions 23.75 x 11.25 x 27 inches
Item Weight 26.8 pounds
Manufacturer Mr. Heater Corporation
The Mr. Heater MHVFB30NGT is an impressive device that runs with a variable output. The heating range is highly impressive and it comes with electric ignition. You can also get a variable output with the product.
This product comes with an impressive safety system that allows the heater to prevent working. The oxygen shut-off system helps the heater to maintain safety levels when the oxygen levels are down.
The one feature that impressed us the most is the option of having a high altitude performance. They come with thermal sensors that can easily come with safety sensors and it becomes great to use.
The product comes with complete natural gas fuel. The best part is this product features a simple and decent thermostat control that will allow complete control of the heater.
- It has a wall-mountable option
- Comes with variable output
- Works in high altitude
- Price is high
- 30,000 BTU Natural Gas heater to heat spaces up to 1000 square feet
- Blue flame burner for even convection heat. Maximum Elevation (Ft)-4500. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr)- .030 MCF
- Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS). CSA Certified
- Operating this heater at altitudes over 4,500 FT above sea level could cause pilot/ODS to shutdown the heater.included.Theromostat, legs and wall mounting hardware
- Fuel Type:Natural Gas.Not for use in bathrooms, bedrooms, or recreational vehicles
5. Dayton Convection Vent Free Portable Gas Heater
Product Dimensions 6 x 15 x 24 inches
Item Weight 30 pounds
The Dayton Convection Vent Free Portable Gas Heater works like a convection vent-free option. This product comes with a simple format that allows pollution-free work.
Coming to the safety features, this product comes along with a cool touch body. This is why it always protects children or pet dogs to accidentally get hurt by touching the heater. The product has a decent cabinet structure as well.
This device features an impressive thermostat. The front panel has a simple digital thermostat that allows you to get a simple and fast heating mechanism. It also has button controls at the front.
Another impressive feature is the large propane tank installation which allows you to easily place the liquid propane according to the needs. You can get to place a 30lb propane tank.
- Comes with safety features
- It comes with simple ventilation
- The product is light in weight
- The noise production is more
6. Re-Ver-Pay Tank Top Portable Gas Heater
Product Dimensions 10 x 18 x 4 inches
Item Weight 30 pounds
The Re-Ver-Pay Tank Top Portable Gas Heater comes with a slim profile that brings up a beautiful gesture. This is why it becomes easier to place the heater at a single place. It comes with a simple regulator to control the heat.
One of the most impressive features of using the heater is that the installation becomes fast. There are not many accessories and parts to assemble. This is why choosing such a heater becomes important.
The Re-Ver-Pay Tank Top Portable Gas Heater comes with a thermocouple flame detector. This acts as a simple heating device with advanced heating options that will allow the heater to get fast solutions.
Another impressive feature for using this device is the 2 feet connecting hose. This product comes with a fast-heating mechanism that operates with 32000 BTU units.
- Easy to install
- It comes with mounting clamps
- Installation takes a few minutes
- Includes decent tank size
- The installation cost is more
7. Dayton 12H991 Portable Gas Heater
Product Dimensions 21 x 13 x 6 inches
Item Weight 30 pounds
The Dayton 12H99 is a decent product to choose from when it comes to a propane heater. This device has a built-in thermostat that also includes a simple controller at the front panel. You can easily change them according to their needs.
This product follows all the safety standards approved by the CSA. This is why you can get a cool, touching body. Even if the heater is running for a long time, it won’t heat up the entire base. Thus, the product is great to use.
Coming to the design, the Dayton 12H99 sports a decent look. It is 21 inches in height and features a slim profile. This is why installing the product will never be a problem. The overall weight of this product is around 30 pounds.
Another impressive feature of this product is the amazing BTU output. Although the Dayton 12H99 is manufactured for a small space, it does not take too much time for heating. In fact, the product is capable of heating up the room with 6000 BTU.
- No venting needed
- A large tank is included with the product
- You can get fast warming
- Not great for large floor spaces
8. Master Forced Air Heater
The Master Forced Air Heater comes with fewer hazards for installation. It does not require much trouble and assembly at all. The whole unit comes with a single piece and this is why it becomes much easier to use this device.
One of the most impressive features for the Master Forced Air Heater is the option of having variable controls. Since it can work with a maximum rate of 6000 BTU, having such controls become helpful. You can get an adjustable thermostat with this product.
Coming to the use of propane, the Master Forced Air Heater runs with liquid propane and does not require ventilation. It produces a very less amount of gas and has a capacity of a 20 lb cylinder. This product is a perfect choice for spaces of 1500 square feet.
- This product can heat up the room quite fast
- It comes with an Adjustable Heat Angle
- You can get Variable Heat Settings
- Price is high
- CSA Certified
- Heating area - 1500 sq ft
- Fuel type - 20 lb propane
- Fuel consumption - 2.8 lbs/hr
- Max operating hours - 11
9. Dayton 5RCC1 Tank Top Portable Gas Heater
The Dayton 5RCC1 Tank Top Portable Gas Heater is one such device that impressed us all with the high capacity that this device has. Specifically, it runs with liquid propane and can cover an area of 500 square feet space.
The Dayton 5RCC1 comes with a gas regulator that allows you to control the temperature and the amount of flow. You can get a 20lb cylinder that also includes a BTU output of 30000. It becomes great for any device to use this feature.
One of the most impressive features that we liked about the Dayton 5RCC1 is corrosion-resistant steel. The internal parts of this device are prepared in such a way to live longer. It also comes with a handful of safety features approved by the CSA.
- The internal parts are made up of Corrosion Resistant Steel
- It comes with a Thermocouple Flame Detector
- The product has Swivel Type Mounting Clamp
- It always makes a humming noise
- Item: Tank Top Portable Gas Heater; Manufacturers Warranty Length: 1 yr.; Fuel Rate: 1.32 lb./hr.
Frequently Asked Questions [Faq’s]
Do You need to add a ventilator?
If you are using a propane heater, it is already discharging some amount of gaseous substances in the atmosphere. If you are using an indoor propane heater, it naturally consists of more filters. The levels of emissions are much less. However, it is still important to keep a ventilator in hand if you have kids in your home.
Can you sleep with a propane heater on?
There’s a good time for everything and a bad time for everything as well. Overusing the propane heater is never recommended. Simply because it keeps emitting a lot of heinous gasses right from the start. If you use it for 8-10 hours for a small room, it can be very harmful. Check the type of emission present.
Are propane heaters bad for your health?
It is true that choosing a propane heater will always emit some amount of carbon monoxide into the air. However, they also do come with multiple filters to reduce the number of emissions. With higher levels of controls and filters, indoor propane heaters always become easy to use. They come with advanced technology to allow lower levels of emission.
Can you put a thermostat on a propane heater?
Of Course, you can. If the product does not come with a decent thermostat, you can easily add one. However, you need to make sure that the thermostat comes with complete programming, and also it is compatible with the heater that you are choosing.
Can I use a remote control thermostat?
Yes, you can. It is not difficult to install a remote control thermostat at all. You need to program the remote control thermostat with a WiFi module that will help you to control the propane heater. Having such a decent thermostat will always be helpful to gain wireless access to the product.