Cost-effectiveness, user-friendliness, and efficient operation make vent free heaters an excellent heating solution to every household. In comparison to their vented counterparts, these units render more efficient and less harmful performance.
When equipped with a blower and thermostat, you gain even heat distribution and more reliable and better heat in your space. So, whether you want to warm up your chilling garage, or want to get cozy warmth in your living space, or want to enjoy your winter camping to the fullest, it is worth investing in a vent free propane heater with thermostat and blower.
However, these heaters come in a wide range of designs, styles, and capabilities. Hence, picking the most suitable one becomes tricky.
We, therefore, share with you our reviews on the best heaters available along with all details essential to make a fruitful decision!
Understanding Vent Free Heaters
Also called ventless, unvented, or vent-free, these heaters are appliances used for warming up space while releasing gases within the room it is heating. These heaters come as a sole unit with and without a thermostat and blower. But if you pick a vent-free heater with a thermostat and blower, you definitely secure better controls and functionality.
The prominent reasons to use a vent free propane heater With Thermostat and Blower
- These heaters do not need any chimney or vent pipe for operation.
- They are much more compact than vented units, and hence, require less placement space.
- They are more efficient than vented heaters as they do not lose much heat as they are not attached to a vent system.
- They are a handy solution to all situations, especially when you are outdoors or camping.
- They do not need any pre-installed gas lines.
- They are best for areas with limited available other fuels.
5 Best Vent Free Propane Heater with Thermostat and Blower Reviews
Mr. Heater Corporation F299730
Avenger FDT3IR Dual Fuel Ventless Infrared Heater
Best Energy Efficieny
ProCom MG10TBF Ventless Dual Fuel Thermostat Control Heater
Best Budget Friendly
Mr. Heater F274830 MH18BRV Big Buddy Grey
1. Editor’s Pick – Dyna-Glo BFSS30LPT – 2P Liquid Propane Heater – Best Overall
Based on the robust Blue Flame technology, this is a powerful heating unit packed in a pleasing and durable body and evenly distributing heat to your entire home. Its cutting-edge vent free technology does not need a chimney or fuel and is perfect for safe and efficient indoor heating.
It operates without the use of electricity, and hence, is a great everyday heating solution that will help you save huge on your utility bills. With its efficient thermostatic control, you can easily adjust the temperature between 24,000 – 30,000 BTU as per your choice.
It is built-in with an Oxygen Depletion Sensor, which instantly shuts the heater on noticing high levels of carbon monoxide or low levels of oxygen. The battery assisted igniter makes ignition effortless and quick.
- Liquid Propane Ready (Fuel conversion not...
- Blue Flame Technology works by convicting...
- 24, 000-30, 000 BTU's/hr. adjustable heat...
- Thermostat control knob automatically...
- No electricity required allows for reliable...
2. Mr. Heater Corporation F299730 – Best Build
No matter how cold it is, with this Mr. Heater unit you can always secure cozy and warm temperature in your home. Equipped with an industry-grade thermostat, it offers you superior control over temperature maintenance in your space.
It is a battery powered design that starts in a breeze. You can mount it on the wall or securely fasten it to the floor as it comes with fasteners and mounted brackets. The best thing is its clean Blue Flame burning technology that completely utilizes fuel and releases not much harmful gases.
It comes with a blower fan, which circulates warm air evenly. Safety is at par with this unit as it incorporates rich features like Oxygen Depletion Sensor.
- 30,000 BTU Liquid Propane heater to heat...
- Blue flame burner for even convection heat....
- Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS)....
- Operating this heater at altitudes over 4,500...
- Theromostat, legs and wall mounting hardware...
3. Avenger FDT3IR Dual Fuel Ventless Infrared Heater – Best Energy Efficiency
Next, we have a powerful infrared heating unit, which is a top-notch product from the Avenger Series offering more heat per Ceramic Plaque. It requires no electricity and is capable of heating up to 1,400 square feet of space ensuring you stay comfortable even during extreme cold.
It is a brilliant performer with great thermostat control offering 5 customizable heat settings with micro heat adjustments between each setting. With its dual precision ported gas burner, you secure 99.9% efficiency while maintaining energy conservation and environmental protection.
The push button Piezo ignition is quick and easy to start. It is built-in with an oxygen depletion sensor and holds a stylish appearance, which makes it a perfect fit to every modern household expecting exceptional convenience and performance.
- ASSEMBLED IN USA - Product is proudly...
- TECHNOLOGY - 30, 000 Maximum BTU Patented...
- DEPENDABLE - Thermostat Control offers the...
- STYLISH -5 Heat Settings with micro heat...
- ECONOMICAL - 99. 9% efficient with Dual...
- SAFE - Push button Piezo ignition with...
4. ProCom MG10TBF Ventless Dual Fuel Thermostat Control Heater – Best Budget-Friendly
Built for high efficiency and long-lasting durability, this dual vent free heater by Pro Com will be your perfect companion to gain comfort and warmth indoors. It is a compact yet solid unit offering reliable heat output without consuming too much electricity. It is a versatile unit designed for a modernized and slimmer profile to flawlessly fit into your house.
Based on Blue Flame technology it operates on both propane gas and natural gas. The thermostatic control lets you set the room temperature as per your choice. It works with just the push of a button to let you enjoy a rich source of affordable, dependable heat.
The wall mounting brackets included with this unit can be linked to the heater’s back enabling you to hang the unit on a wall for optimum heat circulation. You don’t have to worry about safety as it is engineered with automatic shut-off and ODS features rendering high safety assurance.
- ASSEMBLED IN USA - Product is proudly...
- TECHNOLOGY - 10, 000 Maximum BTU using...
- DEPENDABLE - Thermostat Control – The...
- SAFE - Push button Piezo ignition with...
- 1 Year Limited
5. Mr. Heater F274830 MH18BRV Big Buddy Grey – Best Portability
It is the safest and best portable liquid propane heater that excellently heats enclosed spaces like cabins, garages, workshops, porches, patios, and others. Integrated with a powerful fan, it delivers enhanced heating capacity and precisely blends radiant and convection heat style offering you the best performance.
With its two swivel regulators, you get the ability to easily adapt usage from the remote gas supply. Lighting this unit is very easy as it comes with a push and rotates button with a Piezo ignition mechanism.
It comes with multiple heat settings and enhances safety with its rich features like accidental tip-over safety shut-off and automatic low oxygen detection shut-off system.
- 4, 000- to 18, 000-BTU radiant heater for...
- When operating the heater at altitudes over...
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light...
- Low, medium and high heat level control knob...
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED...
How to Use Vent-Free Propane Heaters Safely?
Propane heaters are absolutely safe, but only when you use them properly. Here are some safety tips, which you must follow to gain absolute safety from your unit.
- Go through the instructions from the manufacturer properly before using the unit.
- Having a heater built-in with a thermostat and other features like blower fan, oxygen depletion, automatic shut off, and overheat protection lets you modulate the temperature of the device as per your choice.
- It is vital to have a proper inflow of fresh air in the space to heat up. If there is not such a system available, open your windows to permit outdoor ventilation.
- Avoid placing any object on top of the heater.
- Most importantly, never use the heater unattended. It is best to avoid using the heater when you sleep. For this, you can pick heaters with automatic on an off timer.
- Keep your heating unit away from pets and children.
- Install a sensitive detector in your home for determining carbon monoxide presence.
- Make sure you don’t touch the heater’s body as it can lead to burning.
- Get your heater inspected and serviced every year.
- There must be no pathways along with your wall heater.
- Don’t spray deodorants, air fresheners, and other sprays near the heater.
Benefits of Using Ventless Gas Heaters With Thermostat and Blower
- Cost-Effective – One of the biggest benefits of these heaters is that they are very economical. They consume very less fuel and render great output, which makes them extremely cost-effective.
- Brilliant Heat Distribution – A vent-free heater evenly distributes heater throughout your space. Their robust convection process offers more effective results in a very short time span.
- Convenient Installation – The process for installation for vent free heaters is simple. Most of the models come with a simple setup and can be installed easily.
- User-Friendly – It is absolutely convenient to use these units. They come with a simple push-button mechanism.
- Easy Maintenance – No hefty or regular maintenance is required for these units. A simple wiping and regular cleaning of the blower lets you gain optimal performance.
How Vent-Free Propane Heaters Work?
The functioning of vent-free heaters is quite different from the vented heaters. It is because the vented units release harmful gases out through chimneys or vent pipes passing through the wall. Since, they do not have a vented system, so they attempt to offer maximum combustion.
As a result, they release a few by-products, which are carbon dioxide and water. Hence, these units turn out to be a safe solution for heating homes.
Moreover, vent-free heaters with a thermostat and blower are efficient as they can easily convert propane into a heater while evenly distributing heat throughout the space.
But one important thing that you must keep note of is that vent-free heaters do emit a minimal amount of harmful gases like sulfur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide into your living space. We, therefore, suggest avoid using these heaters while sleeping.
Furthermore, output efficiency of vent-free heaters depends a lot on air inside your space to fuel the combustion process. It means these units consume a lot of oxygen present in your room for combustion. This process goes on and on.
Buying Guide to Choose the Best Vent-Free Propane Heater [Thermostat + Blower]
A perfect heater is one that precisely meets all your requirements. For this, you must consider some important factors to ensure your selection is an apt fit.
1. Safety Features
Propane heaters can be highly inflammable if you do not properly consider the safety features. You must check the CSA safety certification to determine the safety parameter of the heater
It is essential to buy cool to touch models if you have pets or children at home as it reduces the probability of burns. There are propane wall heaters with thermostat and blowers are available, designed with ceramic cases, which cool the heater’s exterior without radiating heat outwards.
To gain protection against harmful emissions, pick heaters with oxygen depletion sensors and other additional safety features like tip over protection or automatic shut off system.
2. Energy Efficiency
It is always best to pick energy efficient models as they are certified for maximum performance with clean fuel burning. This prevents excess gas consumption and saves you on your monthly fuel bills.
Some models are dual purpose and if you are picking heaters with a blower you must pick the most energy efficient unit in order to avoid incurring additional running costs.
3. Heater’s Size
The size of a heater is calculated in BTU or British Thermal Units. The BTU amount required depends on room size and insulation quality in the room as well as the location. A 40 BTU level per square feet is an adequate pick.
The place where you will locate your vent-free heater is extremely important. It is because the location must not inherit any safety risks. There must be a proper ventilation system and inflow of fresh air in the space.
5. Ignition Process
A propane vent free heater ignites either automatically or manually. Conventional heaters use the manual approach where a matchbox is required for fuel ignition. Modern heaters turn on automatically with just the push of a button. Mostly, people prefer using electronic ignition as the automatic ignition turns off with time.
6. ODS or Oxygen Depletion Sensor
An important safety feature to consider is the ODS or oxygen depletion sensor that monitors levels of oxygen in your house. This feature leads to an indicating alarm if there is a dangerously low level of oxygen in your space. Vent-free heaters consume oxygen from your space. In this case, ODS is highly useful.
Though propane heaters are cheaper than electric heaters, there is a wide range available within different price brackets. Make sure you buy a product offering a perfect blend of affordability and high performance.
Vent-free heaters are highly efficient and affordable home heating solutions. Though they are available in a range of designs, those with a blower and thermostat are better performers. If you want lasting usability, great performance and rich comfort, make sure your purchase is a well-thought decision based on all factors and information mentioned in our post.