Forcing to stay inside a blanket on a chilly night can be frustrating. Not everyone has a fireplace that can alter room temperature. Modern homeowners do look for room heaters. But picking right one can be a real daunting task in hand.
There can be multiple issues with a regular heater- they can be small, they can increase monthly electricity bills, and even start to exhaust harmful smoke.
A vented propane heater can be a great alternative to get rid of this mess. They are small, consume low power, and also do not provide any major smoke that will fill up the room. In other words, it’s quite friendly to use such a propane heater with a vented design.
All gas-based heaters follow a process of combustion for work. As a result, they require an adequate oxygen supply for the burning process.
All gas-based heaters do collect oxygen from surroundings and then follow combustion.
As a result, there is a mild smoke generated in some of these heaters that use wood burning as fuel. But for propane heaters, there is not much smoke emission at all. Thus, picking up vented designs can be effective.
It just takes up a few seconds to start up vented propane heaters and to make them work.
1. Martin Direct Vent Propane Wall Heater [Winner Pick]
Martin Direct Vent Propane Wall Heater is something that will drive you with awe because of the features that it implements. This device comes with an 8000, 11000 annd 20000 BTU heating capacity that is enough for the whole room. So if you just have a wide room around 330 square feet, this device will be an exceptional choice for you. It has all the basic aspects that will allow a fast coverage of heat in a rapid flow as well.
When it comes to performance, Martin Heater is something that will amaze people. Automatic oxygen shut-off systems are new and it is quite effective to use for any propane based heater. Coming to this heating equipment, the burn rate is high which seems to be very decent for regular usage.
- Easy to Install: A big advantage of having this device is easy to install this product. It comes in a pre-assembled state. Thus, you won’t have to worry much about installation.
- Easy Mounting: This propane heater comes with wall mounting brackets on top of it. So if you have screws fitted in, you can easily mount them.
- Adjustable thermostat: There is a dial just on top of the heater. This allows you to easily change the temperature of heat by adjusting a dial knob present.
- Auto Shut-off: When heat inside your room is more than required, working sensors can automatically stop heating.
- Hose adaptor: The hose adaptor provided with this product may not turn out to be a proper match for universal use. It is specifically for this device.
Things To Consider: While reviewing the product, I found that this heater from Martin comes with decent thermostats that are ready to provide you with an ultimate performance when it comes to heating a room. To be specific, I tried this unit on multiple altitudes and different locations, but it seems to be working fine and effective. So around 4000 feet, this product can be an impressive purchase for anyone.
Any Long Term concerns? There is no secondary source of heat to the product. If propane is out now, the only thing you need to do is to refill it. There will not be many other alternatives.
If you are looking for a complete professional purchase, there can be nothing better than having Martin direct vent. This product comes with complete low radiation because of the blue flame technology.
No products found.
2. Mr. Heater MH18CH Radiant Cabinet LP Heater
When it comes to performance, Mr. Heater Corporation MH18CH is one product that will amaze you most. To be fair, I never expected such a glazing performance from a mid-budget device. The rate of heat produced because of regular heating is around 6000, 12000, or even 18000 BTU per hour. However, this is completely adjustable according to personal requirements. Mr. Heater MH18CH comes with adjustable thermostat settings. There is a small knob just on the top corner of this device.
You can easily rotate this knob and then you will be able to change the rate of heating and the respective temperature. To be specific, there are three adjustable heat settings options available that include high, medium, and low heat changes.
- Easy to carry: MH18CH comes with easy to carry handles. They are foldable while this body is extremely light in weight.
- Shock-absorbing insulation: This feature is mainly used for safeguard purposes. It can trip off units when there is a dip in the current.
- Hose storage: Having hose storage means that you can keep it in a compact place. You won’t have to worry much about the storage
- Durable body: Materials used in heaters are quite durable. Even wires are manufactured to provide long support.
Things To Consider: Require more power. This product has more battery consumption than any other heaters available today. It requires two batteries to work.
Mr. Heater Corporation MH18CH comes with an ODS system that is advanced and also safe to use at same time.
This is an automatic shut-off system that will provide you with an accidental tip over when it comes to daily usage. Because of this, the product can prevent any type of voltage fluctuation while working with high oxygen consumption.
Any Long Term concerns?: The medium heat setting is not fused to serve you the best. With the medium heat function, you may not be able to get the top quality heat.
If you are thinking more about budget but want a decent buy, Mr. Heater Corporation MH18CH is a great option. This propane heater can heat a room of 450 square feet.
- Hi-med-low regulator
- Automatic low oxygen shutoff system
- No electricity needed
- CSA certified. Outdoor use only. Run time (hours at maximum BTU) is 24...
- Heats up to 450 square feet
- 10 Best Tankless Water Heater Flush Kit [Updated Review]
- 10 Best Point of Use Water Heater reviews 
- 10 Best Hybrid Water Heater Review With Latest Models 
3. Rinnai EX08CP Wall Mounted Direct Ventilation Heater
Right from the first view, you’ll fall in love with this product. An elegant body-color coupled with a new cabinet design is always attractive to use. A lot of people already recommend purchasing Rinnai EX08CP and they are right about it as well.
It comes with a programmable thermostat that allows you to gain easy controls. Even if you are running this device on a cold winter night, it allows you to instantly gain control and increase or decrease temperature adjustments.
One feature that left me feeling great was the variable-speed blower. Apart from a thermostat, this product also comes with an impressive speed blower. It includes a regulator at the front panel so that you can adjust the speed and force of air coming out from this Rinnai heater.
Coming to the design and body, it comes with a beige coating that looks stunning indeed. Since this product is large in size, it could easily deliver warm air all over your room.
- No electricity required: Rinnai EX08CP comes with simple battery-powered operations. As a result, you will not require any external power.
- Easy to maintain: This device is easy to clean and maintain. You won’t have to clean it regularly.
- Sleek Design: Rinnai EX08CP comes with a sleek and compact body. It is derived to provide you with the ultimate portable options.
- High capacity: It has high capacity performance for work. It can provide accurate heat to almost 330 square feet of house.
Things To Consider: Size is big. Rinnai EX08CP features a big size naturally built for large rooms. This is why it weighs around 39 pounds which is slightly heavier than any other propane based heater.
Any Long Term concerns?: Temperature settings are not accurate. You can get a temperature adjustment knob, but the default settings may not be accurate according to the altitude. If you want a compact heater with advanced flame technology, Rinnai EX08CP can be a top choice.
- NEW Cabinet Design
- NEW User Friendly Control
- NEW Setback Features
- Standby Power Less than 1-Watt
- Temperature Setting in Celsius or Farenheit
4. Comfort Glow GCH480 Cabinet Heater
One feature that impressed me most about Comfort Glow GCH480 Cabinet Heater is the option of having a proper heating capacity. While reviewing, we found that this device comes with a max of 18000 BTU output for every hour.
Considering a mid-budget device, this seems to be a top purchase for everyone. With a proper propane model, you can expect low power consumption along with an effective heating display.
Coming to the design of Comfort Glow it seems to be slim and compact. Though weight is around 17 pounds, it still won’t be a problem for you to carry this device from one place to another.
On top of this, what impressed us most is the easy install feature! Precisely, it took us just 5 minutes to complete the setup and start using this device. There are blue flames which are environment friendly.
- Push-button Ignition: This device includes a single push-button ignition. Just push it once and it will start easily without a hassle-free process.
- Includes Casters: Comfort Glow GCH480 includes swivel casters at the base. It becomes easy to carry this product from one place to another.
- Protective Grille: This device features a protective grille at the front. It prevents any type of accidental touch to the main blower.
- Advanced Safety: It comes along with multiple safety features like ODS and safety trip off. This keeps devices safe when there is any power fault.
Things To Consider: Price is high. Comparing the specifications with others, price for Comfort Glow GCH480 seems to be fairly high for this mode than others.
This product features an adjustable heat control. There is a rotatable thermostat, just beside the front grille that allows you to change temperature according to your needs. Best part of having such a knob is that you can get a variable output.
GCH480 cabinet heater has the potential to deliver around 6K, 12K, and 18K BTU as per requirement. All of these are available in just a few seconds as it requires just 2 minutes to set up and use.
Any Long Term concerns?: Power Consumption is high. When it comes to working at 18000 BTU, the power consumption is relatively more than others. If you want a proper propane heater that will cover a large area of 450 square feet, Comfort Glow GCH480 is a great choice for you.
- Not for use in living areas; Variable output (6K-12K-18K BTU's)
- Instant radiant infrared heat.Heating Area: 450 sq. ft
- Hose and regulator included; 20 lb. propane(LP) cylinder (not included)
- Protective front grill; Four rolling casters for easy mobility
- ODS, oxygen depletion sensor, safety feature
- Push button ignition
5. Empire 50000 BTU Closed Front Room Heater
In a single word, Empire 50000 BTU Closed Front Room Heater is an amazing device to use when you are using a proper room heater. Empire 50000 heater comes with an impressive 50000 BTU per hour consumption.
To be fair, that’s enough for covering a wide space of 1700 square feet. So even if you are using this for a wide space, it can be a great choice for you.
Coming to regular uses of Empire 50000 heater, this device seems to be big and also has a high capacity to deliver heat at a higher altitude. To be specific, I tried this out at 7000 feet and it seemed to be a perfect choice.
Initially, it takes up to a minute or two to start up the heating procedure, but once you get this device started, it’s not going to take much time to perform well. The blower speed is also adjustable.
- Adjustable Thermostat: This product features an adjustable knob just beside the grill. It allows you to alter the temperatures.
- Low emission: Empire 50000 heater has low emissions. On top of this, it is vented to the wall making it safe to use.
- Great Warranty: Warranty for this device is much higher than the others. It offers a 10-year warranty for the combustion chamber.
- Durable body: Body of the Empire 50000 BTU Closed Front Room Heater is quite durable. It will support low maintenance performance for a long.
Things To Consider: No wheels present. Moving an Empire 50000 heater can get difficult without a proper set of wheels.
When it comes to regular uses, Empire 50000 heater is one of the best products to choose from. This device from Empire comes with no electricity requirements and can work without any power setup. Apart from this, you can also get a hydraulic thermostat available with this device. It allows you to change and adjust temperatures according to your requirements. So it is just about a matter of a few minutes and the heater becomes ready to use.
Any Long Term concerns?: It is too big. Empire Closed Front Heater seems to be a big option. You must have a big space to store this unit after use.
If you are looking for a big propane heater that will serve your purpose of fulfilling big space heating requirements, Empire 50000 heater is a great purchase for you.
- Model #: RH50CBNAT
- BTUs: 50,000
- Fuel Type: Natural Gas
- Requires no electricity
- Overall Dimensions: 34" (W) x 23.19" (D) x 29.56" (H) with diverter or 16"...
6. Empire 65000 BTU Room Heater Liquid Propane
Empire 65000 BTU Room Heater Liquid Propane is another impressive product from this classic range of heaters available. Rinnai brand has a big reputation that will allow you to get a proper result for the device.
It comes with a simple and yet advanced mechanism to operate with this product. But one thing that impressed us most is low power consumption. Even if it is big, the product is great to use for regular needs.
It is an ideal replacement if you need to cover up a large area and then wish to save your power. Empire 65000 has a proper Piezo Spark ignition system that allows you to get a proper heating option in your home.
On top of this, it comes with a hydraulic thermostat to provide proper temperature control. This one has a proper ignition system to work with the product and it even emits low smoke.
- Auto shut-off: Empire 65000 comes along with an auto shut-off mechanism that will allow you to get an easy shut-off system.
- Includes Thermostat: This product comes with an advanced thermostat. It has a simple rotating knob to alter temperatures.
- Great ignition: Ignition for Empire 65000 Propane is smooth. It has a simple push-button start.
- Durable: Body is quite durable. All the parts and the components included are made to manufacture the product better.
Things To Consider: It emits more noise. If you run the Empire 65000 BTU Room Heater Liquid Propane for long, it starts to make noise. Empire 65000 Liquid Propane comes with a unique ventilation system that allows you to get a proper exhaust inside with the product. To be fair, the dimensions seem to be a bit broad when compared with other models, but if you consider the high capacity of 65000, it seems to be fair. The most impressive feature about Empire 65000 is having blower cycles with the heater.
Any Long Term concerns?: It is heavy. Approx weight of this device is around 142 pounds. So it is much heavier than other vented propane heaters.
If you want a proper heater with easy liquid propane transmission, Empire 65000 is a great option for you to choose from.
- Price For: Each Vent: 5" Includes: Blower Pipe Size Supply: 3/8" Standards:...
- Vent Type: B Floor to Center of Vent: 27-3/16" Depth: 20" Gas Type: LP...
7. Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace
When it comes to a performance from a Rinnai heater, Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace is one of the best products available in the market. This product from Rinnai comes with an exceptional input range.
It offers impressive wide coverage of 8200 to 16700 BTU/hour. As a result of this, it can always offer a wide capacity providing you with high heat production. It’s quite good to use if you have a 450 square feet room.
The Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace comes along with a simple control panel locking feature. This acts as a child safety feature so that the heater does not alter the operations when it is accidentally touched. Because of this feature, the Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace keeps on operating as it would have done.
Apart from this, it also comes with an adjustable thermostat to alter the temperature.
- Energy-efficient: One of the best advantages of having this product is its energy efficiency nature. The Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace is great to use.
- Has tilt switch: The Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace comes with a tilt switch mechanism that allows you to get a great result. The switches are easy to use.
- Easy controls: All the controls with the Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace come with a simple mechanism. There is an adjustable control available for temperature.
- Compact body: The body design is compact and great to use. It comes with a simple mechanism that allows you storage space.
Things To Consider: Smoke is more. The Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace may leave out some smoke while operating. Thus, it is important to install the vent properly.
While reviewing the Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace, we found that this device comes with an easy and simple installation procedure.
To be fair, it comes in a pre-assembled state that will allow you to get a fast installation.
For me, it took almost 5 minutes to complete the setup and then mount the venting furnace to the wall. The simple ignition is an added advantage to the product allowing you to get the best results.
Any Long Term concerns?: The maintenance may be an issue. To keep the Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace working well, you may have to maintain it properly.
If you want a Rinnai product that offers you with a direct vent wall furnace, the Rinnai EX17CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace is the best option available for you.
8. Rinnai EX38CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace
When it comes to design and compact body, Rinnai EX38CT Direct Vent Wall Furnace appears to be a stunning product to use. This device comes with a completely white body that has an attractive ventilation display.
Dimensions are around 12.6 x 36.6 x 26.4 inches which makes it even more enchanting. Though the body is compact, the weight is around 88 pounds which makes it much more effective for regular uses.
Rinnai EX38CT comes with a complete wall-mounted installation method. It has mounting brackets both at top and rear part of this heater which makes it comfortable to mount it on any wall and then takes just a few minutes to install. When I tried to install this product, it took me just 5 minutes to complete the assembly and then start the device. Honestly, I was really satisfied with the quality it provided.
- High coverage: Rinnai EX38CT can easily cover a large area of 500 square feet. This will cover an entire home.
- Safety Features: This product comes with basic safety features like auto shut-off and trip-over options. It protects the device when it overheats.
- Adjustable Thermostat: There is a rotatable thermostat present that allows you to change temperature as per needs. You can always adjust it according to the altitude.
- Child lock: Another impressive feature is the child lock feature. It protects the device when your child accidentally touches it.
Things To Consider: No Wheels. Only one problem with Rinnai EX38CT is that there are no wheels to move this product around. Once you place it, it remains fixed.
Coming to the capacity of the Rinnai heater, this device works at an input range of 13200 BTU to 36500 BTU per hour. If you have a single-story home, this product should be enough for you to make it worthy.
It comes with a unique control panel system. This control panel prevents any type of accidental touches and allows the heater to run by the product. It can be great to use this product for large rooms.
Any Long Term concerns?: Battery backup is not big. Battery backup is not so great in terms of the other products available. So you may have to buy separate batteries.
If you want a budget-friendly product from a reputed manufacturer, Rinnai EX38CT Furnace can be a great purchase for you.
- Input Range 13,200 - 38,400 BTU/hr
- Capable of heating your whole home or complementing your existing heating...
- Control panel locking feature prevents unintended operation – especially...
- Programmable thermostat in celsius or fahrenheit that consistently detects...
|Mr. Heater MH18CH Radiant Cabinet LP Heater||$177.39||Check Current Price|
|Rinnai EX08CP Wall Mounted Direct Ventilation Furnace Propane||Check Current Price|
|Comfort Glow GCH480 Propane(LP) Cabinet Heater||Check Current Price|
9. Camco 57341 Olympian Wave-6
Camco 57341 Olympian Wave-6 Heater is a jaw-dropping heater when it comes to performance in high altitude areas. So even if you are on hills and camping at an altitude of 8000 FT, this has to be a great pick for you.
Of course, this device has an impeccable performance when it comes to regular use. To be fair, it can easily operate at a range of 3200 to 6000 BTU units of heat. This is enough for heating a 200 square feet room.
The best part of having this device is the auto shut-off feature. This feature is embedded within this device for safety concerns.
So when there is a trip in the electrical circuit, the auto shut-off feature automatically engages itself to function better. In this case, the heater is designed to consume low oxygen levels and then ultimately stop because the pilot light has been turned off. Coming to fuel consumption, the performance of this device varies from 0.04 Gal/hr to 0.09 Gal/hr.
- Multiple Power Settings: This device comes along with multiple heat settings. It allows you to easily adjust the temperature with a thermostat.
- Oxygen Depletion Sensor: Camco heater comes with an advanced safety feature. The oxygen depletion sensor automatically shuts down the device when it senses a lack of oxygen in the surrounding.
- Use-Emergency Heat: It takes a few seconds to start up and get going. This delivers instant warmth to the room.
- Light in weight: Camco 57341 is extremely light in weight. It only weighs around 9 pounds which is easy to carry.
- Not for large spaces: Camco 57341 has a maximum capacity of 200 square feet to heat. This may not be ideal for big rooms.
Things To Consider: Camco Wave-6 comes with a complete lightweight body. As a result of this, it becomes evident to transport the product from one place to another without any worries. So the design is very slick and it offers a compact model.
As a result of this, it becomes much easier to operate with this device as it comes with a fold-down handle for easy lift. Moreover, Camco Olympian has easy to install options available.
Any Long Term concerns?: You need to keep proper maintenance of this device. Since it is small with high output, the exhaust may also be higher.
So you would have to clean the device at frequent intervals. If you have a small space to heat up and want a device that you can easily carry with you, Camco can be the best option for you to use.
No products found.
10. Camco 57331 Olympian Wave-3
When I reviewed the Camco 57331 Olympian Wave-3 Heater, the first thing that attracted me was the powerful performance. Easily with a 3000 BTU heating unit, you can assume that this device is crafted to provide top service.
Of course, it comes with a proper burner head that has a minimum of 1600 BTU output while delivering a maximum of 3000 BTU output. Moreover, this also operates with a very low consumption of energy.
Camco 57331 Wave-3 includes a decent blower. An advantage of having such a blower is that you can get proper heat to all parts of the room. So you can just place a burner in the middle of the room and then enjoy a cold night. Moreover, the option of having a push-button valve allows releasing propane gas with a significant flow.
- No electricity needed: Camco 57331 does not require any electricity or power. You can simply turn on fuel for use.
- Quite an operation: There is no high-power motor included. So noise levels are very low giving you proper sleep at night.
- Unique heat distribution: This product has unique heat distribution. It has a decent air blower that can provide fast heat options to any room.
- Budget-friendly: This product is extremely budget-friendly. At this price, Camco Olympian Wave-3 is a great purchase.
Things To Consider: Not for big rooms. This device is purely dedicated to the small rooms which have a maximum size of 100 square feet.
One thing that impressed me most is the easy installation of the Camco 57331 Olympian Wave-3 Heater. This device is extremely light in weight and weighs around 5.5 pounds.
So, it took us just a minute or two to complete the assembly and install it on a tank top. Moreover, it is fitted with mounting brackets on all sides. So it became much easier to mount the Camco wave-3 heater on the sidewall.
Any Long Term concerns? Power is not high. Camco 57331 consumes very low electricity. So it may get difficult to heat a big room at high altitudes.
If you want a small and compact heater that will solve your requirements, the Camco 57331 Olympian Wave-3 Heater is the best option available for you.
No products found.
Frequently Asked Question [FAQ]
How do I control the propane gas heater?
If you read the manual of the heater that you buy, changing the temperature will not be a problem. But for this, you need to first locate the thermostat present with the heater. I believe that there will be a rotating knob just on top or the side of the heater. You can rotate the knob according to your preference for settings.
Where can I find the best location to install the heater?
I’ve been through this many times because I had to frequently shift to new locations. But the basic concept of installing the heater is to fit it on a sidewall. But look out for the direction. Make sure that the heater is facing the other three walls so that it can easily heat the entire room.
Is it safe to convert the propane heater to natural gas?
Being a professional, I would suggest this as a no! Though both the natural gas heater and the propane heaters work on the same mechanism, it would still create problems. The reason behind this is the density of the propane heater and the natural gas heater is different. So there would be a difference in the combustion as well.
Choosing the top vented propane heaters is never an easy task as you need to consider several parameters. However, to help you out with the product, I came up with the list of the top 3 choices that I had to pick. You can just have a look at the reviews mentioned below.
Martin Direct Vent Propane Wall Heater is my top choice product available. This device comes with a decent 8000 BTU heating option that will be enough to heat the whole room. It can easily cover more than 330 square feet of room area and you can get a proper result even at a higher altitude.
Camco 57341 Olympian Wave-6 is my premium pick product choice. It comes up with an impressive range of 3200 to 6000 BTU units per hour that will give you the right choice of product to choose from. To be fair, it can easily cover a room size of 200 square feet which is great even at an altitude of 800 feet.
If you want a budget-friendly product, you can opt for Mr. Heater MH18CH Radiant Cabinet LP Heater. This device features a higher BTU consumption of 6K, 12K, and 18K respectively. You can also get multiple heat settings available with this device. In this budget, choosing this heater will give you multiple advantages.
Choosing a vented heater is not as difficult as it seems. However, to pick up the best one, you must conduct research and compare some of the products of your choice. Having a vented propane heater means that it will require less space and will also reduce monthly bills. But since it is vented, you must keep in mind there is a vent opening from the wall. Do let us know down in the comments below about which product you liked most and why it is so effective for your home.
Last update on 2021-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API