On the outside of the cylinder there is a gadget called the OPD, the overfill prevention gadget. Inside the tank is this gadget that acts as a float. It floats to the top when the tank has reached maximum capacity.
The propane distributor has a mathematical formula that is utilized to establish that the tank is full. The container knows that the tank is full when a white mist is transmitted out of a small opening on the OPD valves.
The overfilling prevention gadget has upset and greatly increases the safety of utilizing propane cylinders at home or in a business. The gadget actually stops the filling cycle when propane tanks are about 80 percent full.
This is important because it leaves sufficient space in the tank to allow for the expansion and contraction of fuel when the tanks are presented to different temperatures.
- The OPD valves were first introduced on October 1, 1998
- It is designed to prevent cylinder overfilling.
- OPD valves help in stopping the flow of gas.
- This device is beneficial in leaks.
- 7.0 Dip Tube
- 3/4" 14 NGT Connection
- 375 PSIG Relief Setting
- Type 1 ACME and POL
- Compatible with 40# LP
- Rapid purging and filling with over one million BTU withdrawal capacity.
- Tri-lobular one-piece forged alluminum handwheel.
- Double "O-ring" stem seal for improved leak resistance.
- Pre-applied sealant.
- Quality "O-ring" check valve seat, opens only with positive seal.
- MARSHALL EXCELSIOR LP OPD Filler Valve Dust Cap and Strap - Designed to...
- Using a cap will reduce the likelihood of inadvertent damage to the...
- New steel 20 lb capacity propane / LP tank
- OPD valve
- Shot-blasted and powder coated for durability
- Carry handles
- Ships empty
- Fits over hand wheel for removal
- Breaker bar required for tool, not inlcuded
- Lead Free - Meets all federal & state standards for lead levels in drinking...
- Size is 3/4in
- Tankless Water Heater Service Valves
- 1 per carton - 10 per case - Individually Priced & Sold
- Includes a residential pressure relief valve (150 PSI/200,000 BTU)
- 500 WOG
Last update on 2021-05-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API