On the outside of the cylinder there is a gadget called the OPD, the overfill prevention gadget. Inside the tank is this gadget that acts as a float. It floats to the top when the tank has reached maximum capacity.
The propane distributor has a mathematical formula that is utilized to establish that the tank is full. The container knows that the tank is full when a white mist is transmitted out of a small opening on the OPD valves.
The overfilling prevention gadget has upset and greatly increases the safety of utilizing propane cylinders at home or in a business. The gadget actually stops the filling cycle when propane tanks are about 80 percent full.
This is important because it leaves sufficient space in the tank to allow for the expansion and contraction of fuel when the tanks are presented to different temperatures.
- The OPD valves were first introduced on October 1, 1998
- It is designed to prevent cylinder overfilling.
- OPD valves help in stopping the flow of gas.
- This device is beneficial in leaks.
- 7.0 Dip Tube
- 3/4" 14 NGT Connection
- 375 PSIG Relief Setting
- Type 1 ACME and POL
- Compatible with 40# LP
- Safety first - Mr. Tank tanks are Pre-purged vacuum ready for filling with...
- High quality - each tank is constructed from high grade Welded Steel and...
- Premium valve - Premium OPD (overfilling prevention device) valve assembly...
- Leading the industry - Mr. Tank, a leader in propane storage solutions,...
- Suit your needs - With a standard-size connection valve, This large 30lb...
- NOTE: The propane tank is empty and ready to be filled with gas
- New steel 20 lb capacity propane / LP tank
- OPD valve
- Shot-blasted and powder coated for durability
- Carry handles
- Ships empty
- Never run out of propane with our Bulit-in gauge
- Comes Pre-purged and ready to fill
- High grade Steel welded construction
- Premium OPD valve assembly; Dot approved
- Powder coated for long lasting exterior protection
- MARSHALL EXCELSIOR LP OPD Filler Valve Dust Cap and Strap - Designed to...
- Using a cap will reduce the likelihood of inadvertent damage to the...
- Fits over hand wheel for removal
- Breaker bar required for tool, not inlcuded
- Never run out of propane - Built-in accurate gauge
- The HOG can be used both vertically and horizontally
- EZ-HANDLE collar design. Collar has a built-in formed handle with no sharp...
- New design with built in wheels for ease of transport
- Rugged, high grade steel welded construction
- Rust inhibiting Durabond, powder coated for long lasting exterior...
Last update on 2021-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API