With the cold weather approaching, every homeowner looks for a supplemental heating solution to keep their homes warm and comfortable. Though there are a variety of space heaters available, infrared heaters are the best for direct warmth instantly.
Perfect for outdoor and indoor use, these heaters are portable and powered by propane gas, natural gas or electricity. They are safe, cost-efficient and available in a variety of sizes, and hence, you can find an apt fit for your home, office, or garage.
As they heat instantly, you gain comfortable, non-drying warmth in a highly energy efficient way. However, it is not simple to pick a perfect infrared heater. We, therefore, share with you our reviews of 10 best infrared heaters along with every minute detail about these units. Our aim is to make the buying process simplest for you.
What are Infrared Space Heater and how do they Work?
The best thing about infrared heaters is that they heat fixtures and people directly through infrared rays, which radiate back and keep the surroundings warm, not the air.
Their working is similar to the working of the sun. We feel the warmth of sun or infrared rays directly as the heat is directed to our skin through reflection. When any surface is touched by infrared rays, the heat energy is expended regardless of the air temperature in the surroundings.
The heating elements present in the heaters release warm infrared rays, which not only heat people but also evenly distribute the heat within the entire room.
Infrared Heater Efficiency | Why choose
are infrared heaters energy efficient?
A big YES, There are multiple benefits of infrared heaters, which make them an optimal heating solution for every home.
- Energy Efficient – In convection heaters, the hot air rises while cool air falls. As a result, the cool air has to be heated again, which is not a highly efficient way. In comparison to this, infrared heaters heat the objects directly and not the air. This way, you are able to secure the desired warm temperature in very less, which saves a lot of energy from being consumed.
- Excellent for Outdoors – When it comes to heating outdoor spaces, infrared heaters excel in this. They warm up objects rather than air. So, there is no chance of the warm air escaping from the premises. If you are sitting outdoors on a cold, bright day, you can secure warmth using infrared heaters.
- Get Rid of Humidity – Using infrared heaters, it is possible to keep the humidity levels in check. This is extremely beneficial especially during winters where traditional heating solutions can make the air extra dry.
- Clean Air – Since these units do not burn wood, so they do not push allergens or dust into the environment. Hence, they render clean and safe air.
- Health Benefits – There are many health benefits of these units like they improve blood circulation, ease joint stiffness, and help boost the immune system.
- Simple Maintenance – It is extremely convenient to use infrared units as you don’t have to maintain any exhaust or filter. All you have to do is wipe the unit on a regular basis or when dust deposits over them.
- Cost-Efficiency – When more warmth is achievable with less energy or fuel utilization, you are able to save money. This makes these units a highly cost-effective solution.
- Silent Operation – With low moving parts and a smooth functioning built-in blower, these units deliver a silent operation. This is an important reason that makes them suitable for use in bedrooms.
With so many benefits of infrared heaters, they are definitely a worthy investment. So, here are situations where you can use these heaters.
Different Types of Infrared Heaters
Highly portable, these heaters are popular as they are perfect to heat up a specific space or room in your house like hallway, bedroom, kitchen, or other. Powered by electricity, they deliver effective results and are extremely expensive because of the high volume of power used by them during chilly days.
The patio heaters are mainly found outside bars and cafes bringing great comfort during cooler months. They are perfect to extend warmth in your outdoor space. Having them let you have a warm, comfortable, and attractive place all year round.
If you feel cold in your workshop or garage, infrared heaters offer an efficient, fast-working performance, which is targeted exactly where you require it.
If you are using wood as a fuel, infrared heaters won’t raise dust in the air. They can be used in the garage and save money to a great extent.
Small space heaters are powered by electricity or gas-based on their intended purpose, the power source, and the location. They are available in a wide assortment and each type comes with distinct specifications and operational features. Such heaters are designed to target heat where it is required on demand. They are highly useful as a supplemental solution to top up the heater where it is not possible to meet sufficient heat for some reason. They are highly portable and can be used in any area where you want.
Wall and Ceiling Mounted Heaters
They are various sorts of wall-mounted and ceiling heaters that perform well in an extensive range of environments. They are sleek and almost invisible. You can place them perfectly in the bathroom or kitchen adding warmth.
For a traditional set up in your home it is best to place them at a central location in your room. It ensures that the heat is distributed evenly across the entire house. You can select among the varieties of options available like wood effect, classic coal, contemporary patterns, and more.
Replacing conventional saunas at a rapid pace, these heaters are safe, durable, easy to maintain, easy to use, economical, and efficient. They even offer health benefits and are a perfect fit for any house.
10 Best Infrared Heaters Review | radiant Heater
1. Air Choice Infrared Space Heater With Remote Control
Inbuilt with a thermostat function, this heater lets you select temperature from 59 Degrees Fahrenheit – 86 Degrees Fahrenheit allowing absolute comfort and coziness. It comes with three heat mode settings with the higher one distributing 1500W heat, low mode delivering 750W heat, and the Eco mode offering 300 Watts energy.
It is perfect for offices, living spaces, and bedrooms, and quickly heats up a room in seconds. With its LED display screen, you can always check the current working status of your unit. Using the remote, you can not only control the unit completely but can also lock its control panel.
Equipped with overheat protection and tip-over shut off mechanism makes this heater a safer choice for your family. Also, the heater is built-in with a timer, which can be adjusted from 0 to 12 hours. Low noise, high efficiency, and exceptional performance make it a perfect warm guardian of every house!
2. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable 1500 Watt
Featuring discussing infrared quartz heater reviews, this is a powerful performer with 12 hours automatic shut-off timer. Integrated with tip-over protection and automatic shut-off assures absolute safety to you and your loved ones.
It is a unique design with a removable filter, which is easy to replace and clean. Hence, it makes maintenance a breeze. With its advanced heating system, you gain greater heat production with less power consumption offering highly efficient results.
It is a state-of-the-art design with 7 inches blower that operates quietly and allows moving large volumes of air at a slower speed. You can make temperature regulations without getting up from your heat as it supports adjustable remote control functionality.
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low...
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr...
- IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB...
- Electronic Thermostat: range 50 to 85 degrees. Caster Wheels and lifetme...
- Weights 24 lbs and uses 12.5 Amps of Power. 1500 Watts.Electric Cord 72...
- Voltage: 120 Volts
3. Heat Storm HS-1500 Wi-Fi Infrared Heater
Best Wall-Mount Heater
Based on the advanced heat storm heating technology, this is another robust infrared heating unit in our list. It offers even and effective heat distribution ensuring you get high warmth even during cold days.
This wall mount design comes with Wi-Fi enabled functionality and allows you to have control over temperature. With its overheat protection technology, you can anytime touch the heater as it always stays cool.
The high efficiency offered by it assures quick warming of any room. This portable and lightweight design is perfect for heating your living room, bedroom, or any room in your house.
- (Wall Mounted Heater Only.) Wi-Fi enabled makes it possible for you to...
- Safe to the touch grill. 1500 watts of power
- Space saving wall mount design means you don't lose floor space. Perfect...
- When installed over the outlet, you can hide the cord inside the heater....
- Safe to the touch grill. Wall mounted version, Feet not included.
- Voltage: 110 Volts
4. Comfort Zone CZ2032C Infrared Quartz Cabinet Heater
Best Portable Design
Next, we have an ultra-modern, sleek design packed with loads of rich features, which makes it a perfect addition to your needs and room décor. This unit incorporates quartz bulbs reflecting heat onto objects nearby. Hence, you avail of efficient and gentle warmth ideal for most residential spaces.
It is a premium-grade design with advanced safety features like automatic turn off digital sensor and tip-over protection. Also, there is a metal safety grill available that prevents the bulbs from coming into direct contact with other items.
Moving and using this unit is absolutely simple as it comes with four wheels at the bottom. Its remote control functionality permits convenient adjustment and prevents burns. A 12-hour timer automatically shut-off as per the fed program, while the digital thermostat permits freedom from stuffiness and overheating. For lasting comfort and portability, go for this heater.
- Fan-forced to heat large spaces
- Electronic controls with full-function remote
- 12 hour on/off timer
Best Heating Power
If you are looking for incomparable heat transfer rate and even heat distribution across your room, this unit is an ultimate choice. Designed with the innovative hybrid heating system, it offers much higher heat output on low energy consumption. As a result, you can heat up your room to a comfortable temperature, quickly.
It is a UL certified design with highest safety standards such as tip-over shutoff, overheats protection, and no exposed heating elements. Hence, it is an ideal unit for families with pets and children around. The large blower operates quietly yet pushes out bigger air volume.
The thermostat allows easy temperature regulation while advanced dual heating and remote operation permits absolute comfort. With three heating modes – low, high, and medium, you can easily secure the coziest warmth in your space.
- Unique Hybrid Dual heating system PTC + Infrared with much higher heat...
- Larger blower that pushes out larger air volume with very low noise
- Perfectly safe around children and pets with no exposed heating elements....
- Thermostat regulates the heater and cycle on and off to maintain the set...
- UL and cUL certified ensuring the highest safety standards-Tip-over and...
Best Garage Heater
Perfect for commercial use and garages, this is another super-efficient design in our list. Holding UL and CUL certifications, it is a safe and quick solution to warm up your garage or other similar areas like schools, hospitals, workshops, warehouses, and others.
Engineered using spiral steel metal sheath electric heating elements it uniformly distributes heat and render long-lasting service. A big, dynamically 8 inches fan offers maximum air flow with minimum noise and turbulence, gently delivering warmth through the area.
It is a thermally protected, enclosed unit with a heavy-duty ball bearing motor involving low maintenance. With its built-in thermostat, you can adjust the temperature to your desired choice. The five-way adjustable louvers permit convenient airflow control and a rugged stamped steel front cover lets you gain absolute comfort always.
- Heavy Duty 240V Single Phase 3000/6000W Commercial Electric Heater
- Hardwired; Power cord not included in the unit. Dimensions: Overall Height...
- UL/CUL Listed Wall or Ceiling Mounted Heater; Bracket Included
- Adjustable Thermostat with HIGH and LOW Setting. A dynamically 8 inch fan...
- 5 Adjustable Louvers for to Direct Airflow
7. FLAMEMORE Electric Infrared Portable Heater
Best For Indoor Use
For those who want the safest heating solution for their indoor areas, this infrared heater is the best pick. Integrated with multiple safety protection features like automatic shut-off, tip-over protection, and child safety lock, it ensures you reach the desired temperature safely.
It is a compact and flexible unit perfect for indoors. The freestanding design comes with 4 smooth-rolling wheels allowing high portability. It is also supportable for daily use and lets you put coffee sets and books on top.
The stylish retro wood design updates your home décor while 6 infrared quartz elements heat up in seconds. The 3 heating modes allow easy temperature management. Also, it has a special Eco mode, which is energy efficient and maintains a consistent temperature at 68 degrees. Remote control, LED display monitor, and thermostat let you always enjoy a cozy daytime and perfect good night sleep.
- 【Cool-to-touch Wood Heater】- Stylish design with retro look wood...
- 【Powerful Heat for Rooms】- 6 Infrared Quartz Elements heat up fast in...
- 【Reliable Services Through All Night】- Both simple control panel and...
- 【Portable Features for Indoor Use】- Compact size measured...
- 【Multi Protection Caring Your Safety】- Built-in overheating protection...
8. Air Choice Infrared Heater Electric
Best Larger Coverage
Heating up bigger spaces quickly is quite difficult, but with this heating unit besides, everything will become fast and convenient. Offering one of the highest energy efficiencies, this 1500W design perfectly heats up larger areas like the living room, office, and others in very less time. Once heated, you switch on its Eco mode to maintain the warmth while saving the bills.
This energy saving design equips 12 hours on/off timer with remote control offering convenience at every step. The LED display monitor lets you see the working status of the unit from far away. With its adjustable thermostat, you enjoy complete control over the temperature settings.
No need to worry about noise as its 7 fins design makes heating quieter. It is a digital heating, electric-powered unit that does not dry air. It is constructed to prevent almost all safety issues, and hence, features tip-over protection, flame-resistant material, and overheat protection.
9. TRUSTECH Infrared Patio Heater With Remote Control
Best For Indoors And Outdoors
An efficient patio heater, this is another premium infrared heater that is engineered using carbon fiber gold-coated tubes. Hence, it always generates efficient heating with low cost. It is an environment-friendly design that saves large scale electricity.
It comes with 3 levels heat-setting to let you select an ideal level. The 4 brackets support permits convenient wall mounting thereby saving floor space. Additionally, it has a smart remote control, making it extremely easy to change temperature without disturbing your comfort.
It is a reliable and safe design accompanying high safety standards like timer function, overheats protection, and does not emit carbon dioxide. In fact, it automatically determines temperature and shut-off when overheated. It can be set to auto-shutoff before sleep and is an excellent way to stay warm not only in patios but even in living rooms and bedrooms.
- 【Advanced Infrared Technology】TRUSTECH infrared patio heater , With the...
- 【Easy to use & Remote control】TRUSTECH infrared patio heater has 3...
- 【Overheat Protection & Timer Function】The TRUSTECH electric patio...
- 【Perfect fot Indoors & Outdoors】TRUSTECH electric patio heater for...
- 【Safe & Reliable】Our radiant heater are manufactured under strict...
10. Duraflame 3D Infrared Electric Fireplace Stove
Best Fireplace Heater
No matter what kind of lifestyle setting you have, this fireplace stove is a wonderful addition to any room and home. It offers heat exactly where it is required. The high portability, convenience, and efficiency make it good for use around pets and children.
With its 3D flame effect technology, you get a realistic view of flame burning. The five adjustable brightness settings allow you to customize the flame look to suit your room and mode. The supplemental zone heating renders even heat distribution ensuring no space is left untargeted.
As the temperature outdoor changes, you enjoy the pleasing ambiance of dancing flames delivering high warmth. Even if it is a large space, this infrared red heater offers complete coverage. It maintains natural humidity level and does not dry out air while reducing static electricity consumption to a great extent.
- 5,200 BTU heater provides supplemental zone heating for up to 1,000 square...
- Patent pending 3D flame effect technology features realistic flames that...
- The infrared quartz heat helps to maintain the natural humidity in the air,...
- Overheat protection, heater will instantly shut off to prevent overheating....
- Adjustable, digital thermostat allows you to decide the temperature of your...
Pre Purchase Consideration | Best Infrared Space Heater
Before finalizing an infrared heater, here is a checklist of important factors that you need to consider.
1. Portable or Fixed
Most of the infrared heaters are portable, compact, and lightweight. They can be easily carried from one place to the other. But a few heaters are designed for permanent fixtures. Such heaters can be wall mounted or fixed at one place in a room. If you wish to pick a fixed heater, it is best to select a location prior to choosing the heating unit.
2. BTU or Wattage
The higher BTU and wattage means higher output. Commonly, infrared heaters hold 1500 watts. BTU range depends greatly on the type of power supply used by the heater. Heating units with higher BTU are ideal to warm up bigger spaces.
3. Safety Standards
Some of the prominent safety features, which you must look at are overheat protection, tip-over protection, automatic shut-off, and anti-flame construction. Heaters with all these features are ideal to use in homes with pets and children around.
It is essential to check the size of the heater as well as the size of your room. Generally, infrared units are best options for small to medium sized rooms. However, you can always find a heater designed to warm up bigger spaces. One of them is mentioned in our list as well.
It is always best to pick a heating unit in-built with a thermostat. It ensures efficiency and economy. A thermostat allows you to easily manage temperature controls as per your choice without using expensive energy or overheating.
6. Power Consumption
Usually, a bigger unit consumes more power than a small infrared heater. Make sure you select the right wattage as per the room size. Most heaters offer power from 250 to 1500 watts. It is best to take your room’s measurements and then pick a heater accordingly.
Every infrared heater comes in a unique design. They differ in material construction, size, and shape. While some are sleek, modern designs, others give a realistic fireplace look. Hence, based on our choice you can pick a heater that perfectly complements your requirements and home décor.
8. Additional Functionalities
Infrared heaters come with numerous additional functionalities that enhance their usability.
- Remote Control – This lets you manage temperature and timer easily and without getting up from your comfortable seat.
- Heating Modes – With different heating modes or levels, you can easily maintain an optimal temperature within your house.
- Timer – This is extremely handy and let you set the exact time for starting and stopping the heater. You can set the heater to start in the morning and stop working in the night to enjoy comfort throughout the day and sleep safely.
9. Noise Free Operation
Some infrared heaters come with blower fans making a lot of noise. This can disturb your or your family member’s sleep. Therefore, pick a heater that delivers noise-free operation.
It is wise to pick a heater that holds more than one year warranty. Make sure you read everything to understand what is being covered.
Where Can You Use Infrared Heaters?
- Infrared heaters hold great resistance to wind, which means their performance is not affected by wind movement. They are ideal for a screened porch.
- They do not emit harmful gases or carbon monoxide, and hence, are safe for indoor use.
- You can use them in rooms or places where additional heating is required.
- They are perfect for homeowners who want to cut down their electricity bills.
- Eliminating cold spots in your homes is possible with infrared heaters. You can install them in the kitchen sink area or in the bathrooms.
- You can place them in your garage, basements, offices, industrial buildings, or other outdoor setups to gain the desired warmth.
Can Infrared Heaters Heat a House?
Yes, they can, but a single unit is not sufficient. In order to heat up your entire house you must go for zone heating. This kind of heating is effective in eliminating heating costs.
If you are using some of the rooms of your house during winters, then there is no point to heat the entire house. Hence, pick infrared heating in that case.
How Much Electricity Does Infrared Heaters Use?
Infrared heaters are low-cost, highly efficient units that generate more heat in less time. They are easy to maintain as they don’t have any moving parts.
On average, such heaters utilize 1500 watts of power, which is equivalent to a hairdryer. The modern infrared heaters reduce power by 65%. It is best to check the guidelines by the manufacturer to determine the number of watts used by a heater.
frequently Asked Question [FAQ]
Can I use infrared heaters overnight or leave them unattended?
To maintain absolute safety, we suggest not leaving the heater unattended. Infrared heating instantly warms the environment while functioning. The comfort and warmth are felt in just a few minutes of walking in the room. Also, if your room has objects it will heat up fast. If still, you want to keep the heater on while sleeping. We suggest picking one with an automatic shut-off timer. This makes sure the heater is not on when it is not required.
Are infrared heater is value for money option?
This mainly depends on the heater you select. Before selecting the options, it is vital to estimate the space size you are heating and select a heater with sufficient output. Make sure the heater you pick supplies perfect power to space. Also, avoid buying a too powerful unit for a smaller space as it will lead to wastage of energy, resulting in expenses. In all, an infrared heater is ideal to save energy as the infrared waves are used for warming the objects directly and not the surrounding air. Even, a few studies show they can save up to 50% of your energy bills.
Are infrared heaters safe for health?
Infrared heating delivers numerous health benefits in comparison to other kinds of heating. This form of heating makes humans comfortable as it is the same as delivered by the sun. Infrared rays gently heat the body and they are proven to boost blood circulation, which is of great significance in the elderly. Moreover, mold growth indoors can lead to major health issues, and an easy way to combat it is by using an infrared heater. It is because this heating can quickly dry the wet surface, and hence, result in reduced mold growth.
Are infrared heaters better than ceramic units?
Infrared heating offers targeted heating. But ceramic convection heaters, alternatively, hold a ceramic core, which is heat generated using gas or electricity. Ceramic heaters also have a built-in fan that blows warm air around the room. Both work differently. If you are in an area where there is continuous movement, you must pick a convection heater. But if you want direct comfort and heating, we suggest using infrared heating.
Do infrared heaters dry out air?
No, these units don’t dry the air within the house and they maintain a natural level of humidity. Hence, they do not cause any detrimental effects on the respiratory system or skin. For those living in more arid areas, they prefer higher humidity levels. For them, infrared heaters are an ideal solution that is incorporated with a humidifier to enhance humidity for great comfort.
How efficient are infrared heaters?
The efficiency rating of a heater depends on its size, the size of the space you are heating, its wattage, and the way you use the area. They are extremely efficient than other heaters as they directly offer immediate warmth by using less energy. If you are frequently opening and closing the doors, the warm air gets lost. However, the warmth still remains with the walls and objects in the room, which radiates and continues to warm the space surrounding them. Additionally, efficiency is affected by insulation level, construction type, and ceiling height.
Well, this is our review of the best infrared heaters. Hope you are able to pick an effective, economical, efficient, and safe solution for your office or home. Just make a selection quickly to enjoy great comfort during colds.
Last update on 2021-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API