What’s the point of camping if you don’t get to cook your own food and have it fresh?
Camping can be super fun if everyone helps you out to cook and gets your job sorted. But without the right equipment and tools, you may fall short in making this trip memorable.
Sounds difficult right?
So what are you bringing up for your new camping trip to cook along?
Roasted steak with grilled fish could be a mouth-watering option. To light up your burner, having a decent propane cylinder compatible with your burner could be the right thing that you need. Both Bernz O Matic and Coleman are great brands to have.
If you’re confused between which one to choose and which one to skip here is a complete guide on the differences mentioned below.
Bernzomatic Vs Coleman Propane: Key differences
- Bernzomatic Propane
Bernz O Matic is one of the best brands when it comes to the construction and basic use of a propane tank. Basically, Bernz O Matic tanks are slim in size and they are designed to fit into any burner assembly.
If you have a close look at the tanks, they appear in small cylinders. To provide a comfortable cylinder, this product comes along with quality steel construction. As a result, it becomes much easier to lift and to carry. They are decent to use for any propane construction.
- Coleman Propane
Coleman is another amazing brand that you can always opt to choose from if you wish to buy a stable and reliable product. Generally, propane heater tanks from Coleman come in a larger size and shape.
They offer better reliability and strength as well. A 1 lb propane tank from Coleman is made up of stainless steel construction and durable.
However, the width is much bigger compared to other propane tanks. Since it is smaller in size, you may not face any challenges to carry your journey with a Coleman tank.
Fittings become a bigger challenge when you are looking for a proper heater that suits your work. Without proper fittings, you won’t be able to deal properly with a burner while you go out for camping. Luckily, both these devices come along with similar fittings.
There might be slight changes because of the mechanism of these tanks. Both of them are quite compatible with universal fit hoses. But while choosing the best propane-based burner, you need to make sure that your device is compatible with them.
Luckily, both Coleman Propane and Bernzomatic Propane tanks are compatible with each other and there is not much difference.
How to Attach a Propane Tank to a Camping Stove?
Either you buy a Bernz O Matic tank or a Coleman Propane tank if you do not know how to attach it with your camping stove you won’t be able to use them at all. Once you set off for camping, there is no turning back. You can easily follow the steps below to get the best out of your trip.
- Make sure that you are carrying everything essential. You must get a compatible burner, a decent hose that fits with all and any propane tank of your choice.
- Follow this up by setting everything on a stable surface, if your floor is inclined, you may face difficulties in cooking. This is why you need to make sure that you get to place them on a flat surface.
- Now it is the most important thing that you need to do. It is time to connect to a hose. Open up the hose and join it with your propane tank connector.
- Leaving it open will do no help to you at all. In fact, you may face leaks through your hose. It is important to check your hose before you turn on the burner. If possible, tape the mouth of the burner and allow it to work better.
- Before you turn it on, there is one last thing to check. You need to look through the propane and the pressure build-up. Turn the tank on only when you receive adequate pressure build-up.
Troubleshooting BernzoMatic tank or a Coleman Propane Tank
You may face minimal problems while traveling with your Bernz O Matic or a Coleman propane tank. This is why it becomes important to know the troubleshooting and key fixes.
- If you find any obstruction for blockage, immediately turn off the burner. You will have to remove the dirt and debris from the tank and try again.
- When it comes to physical damage to the hose, the only solution is to replace this device. You won’t be able to make many fixes if your hose creates a leak. It is better to be safe than to face accidents.
Camping Propane Size Comparison Table
Frequently Asked Questions
Whenever we talk about bernzomatic Vs coleman propane both are amazing brands in perspective to bringing up a propane tank. Both of them have decent tank sizes and components. Comparing every other feature and specification, it’s a tough call between these two tanks.
If you just want to stick to a small amount of propane requirement, Bernz O Matic can be an amazing choice to make. If you have a higher level of requirement, you can switch over to the Coleman propane tank. Naturally, these tanks have a higher capacity.
Do let us know if you’re facing any problem while connecting to any burner.
Last update on 2021-04-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API